My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Micah 6:8

He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?

What matters most in my life?  I'm so often pulled in every direction and become ineffective in all.  These verses help me "keep it simple".  Jesus gave the great commandment to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind and secondly, to love my neighbor as myself.  What matters most in my life should be what God expects of me:  to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.  Sounds simple but is a pretty big order.  So I need to start on my knees in prayer each asking God to show how to use my day in obedience to him.   Beware of spending too much time on things that aren't important. 

To serve the present age,
My calling to fulfill;
O may it all my powers engage,
To do my Master's will! --Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment