My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Isaiah 40:8

The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever.

 
I'm studying Isaiah this school year.  I loved this verse because it reminded that if I want to my days to matter in an eternal sort of way,  spending time studying, reading and applying the Scripture is an excellent use of my time.  I am so fortunate to have the Bible in many forms.  I own multiple copies of the Bible in different versions.   Some people in this world don't have any access to the Bible.  I should not squander this opportunity to memorize and study God's Word.  There may be a day coming when I won't have the Bible be so readily available to me.  It may be the only verses that I will have available to me will be the verses I have seared into my heart and life.  Keep memorizing with me, siestas!

No comments:

Post a Comment