My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Prayer-To whom do you pray?

Who is out there to hear our prayers? We are living at a time where I hear many people talk about "being spiritual" and "praying". I hear it from friends, from the TV, radio and the newspaper. It can sound good because they are using the same terminology that I use when I talk about what I believe. One question that pops up in my mind when I hear some people talk about prayer. Exactly who are you praying to?

I KNOW to whom I pray. There is only one true God, who created all things, who is perfectly holy, infinite, loving, wise, etc. He is the God found in the Bible. His command that "You are to have no other gods before Me," is as true today as it was in the days of Moses. We come to God for help; we come to Him in praise and worship; we come to Him for mercy and forgiveness of our sin only through His Son, Jesus Christ.

"The LORD is near to all who call upon Him." (Psalm 145:18)
"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." (Psalm 50:15)
"Whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight." (I John 3:22)
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Be sure you're praying to the one true God!

No comments:

Post a Comment