My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Prayer

We've been studying prayer in our Tuesday morning Bible study this semester. I've discovered it's easier to learn about prayer than it is to simply do it.  While I pray pretty much all day long in a running conversation with God, to sit down and have an intentional time of prayer with God is so hard for me.  I allow myself to be distracted during my prayer time or I just don't "get to it".  If you love someone, you usually enjoy spending time with them.  Why, then, is it so hard to spend intentional time with God in prayer?  Do I not love Him?  Am I so selfish and small to think I can ignore Him, the One to whom I owe my very life?  Forgive me, Lord, for relying on myself more than You.  Renew in me the desire to know You, study You, sit like Mary at your feet in worship, to keep a time daily with You alone and let nothing distract from it.  You alone are worthy of my time and my attention.  Thank you for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment