My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Friday, July 22, 2011

100 Mile Fitness Challenge-Week 3

Between the extreme heat and the consistent migraine headache I had this week, I'm happy to report that I managed to get 6 miles in this week. In addition, I did three days of strength training. For me, strength training is key to improving my overall health and fitness. Strength training helps retain and improve muscle mass. Gaining muscle mass helps my body become more efficient and effective at burning calories, which helps me lose needed pounds. Strength training helps my bones, body and mind stay strong.

I'm still learning the My Fitness Pal site (see yesterday's post). It's a great way to track my workouts and calories and maintain a food diary.

Tomorrow, I'm signed up to walk a charity 5K with a couple good friends. That will be a great start to next week's total.

How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment