My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bible in 90 Days Update

It's day 8 of my Bible in 90 Days read-through with Mom's Toolbox.  And I'm a couple days behind, but I'm still highly motivated.  I was driving in my car today and listening to a CD, and got so excited to recognize that the words to the song (which I had heard many times in the past) came from this past week's reading.  It was a verse that I had highlighted and meditated on for that day's reading.   Here I had listened to the song numerous times, but had never really taken to heart what the words of the song were saying....that is, until this past week. 

Exodus 15:  2, 11-13
"The LORD is my strength and my song;he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you—
majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?

You stretched out your right hand and the earth swallowed them.
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."

The song was "Who is Like You" on the Glory Revealed album.

The Lord is my strength & my song
He has become my salvation
He is my God and I will praise Him
I will lift Him up


Chorus: Who is like You, majestic in holiness
Awesome in glory, working wonders
Who is like You, majestic in holiness
Awesome in glory, working wonders


In Your unfailing love
You will lead the people that You redeem
And in Your strength, You will guide them
To Your holy place


Who among the gods is like You
Who among the heavens.

Who is like our God? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE and NOTHING. He is incomparable, indescribable, the Only One, majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders....and He loves me with an unfailing love.  Thank you, Lord so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment