My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We are blessed when we remain steadfast under trial

James 1: 7-15 7For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
9Let the lowly brother boast in his exaltation, 10and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass he will pass away. 11For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

I loved verse 12 this week.  The word blessed is the same blessed as in Matthew 5's beatitudes.  Blessed means happy, but happy from the inside out, not based on external things.  It's based on internal joy that comes from God.  I love God and I know He loves me; so when trials arise in my life, I can totally rely on God to see me through the trial.  His love is my security, his promises are sure and God will use the trial to strengthen me and cause me to grow.  We spend most of our lives trying to avoid trials, but we can learn so much from God when we go through trials.  Satan wants to see me doublemind, unsure, and doubting.  But even if I don't feel it with my emotions, I can, with my will, remain steadfast in a trial because I know God is with me and will never forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment