My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Read through the Bible in 90 Days-Day 1

I decided to join a group of women over at Mom's Toolbox who have made the commitment to read through the Bible in 90 days.  So now, I've probably have  really bitten off more than I can chew...can you read too much Bible?  I like Mom's Toolbox SOAP idea for this read-through.  SOAP is an acrostic that stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer. Here is how Amy at Mom's Toolbox describes it:

"S: Scripture-Write the ONE scripture that I feel God is using to speak to me in today’s reading
O: Observation-What might He be telling me with that scripture?
A: Application-How can I apply it to my life?
P: Prayer-What is my prayer to ask God in helping me to make that application?"

Here's my plan:  Fortunately, I own a 90-day Bible.  I have a journal that I will use to record my daily SOAP, along with a couple highlighters that I can use to highlight verses that are meaningful to me or are verses that I would like to understand better at a later date.  They will be easy to find later if I highlight them as I read.  Plus I will check in on Mom's Toolbox every Monday night.  I signed up too late to be part of an assigned accountability group, but that sure won't be deter me.

I have a Droid Phone and also added the Bible in 90 days on my phone through YouVersion.com's Reading Plan.   So, if I get behind, I can always whip out my phone and catch up with the reading...can't highlight or journal (at least I don't know how to do that on my phone), but I can keep saturating myself with the Scriptures.  YAY!

Day 1-check

No comments:

Post a Comment