My book reviews are at another blog: Look-A-Book blog. Check it out!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Psalm 13:5-6

Psalm 13:5-6:
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me. 

I was at a funeral a week ago and this verse was on the bulletin.  For me, it was a wonderful reminder of God's goodness to me regardless of my circumstances.  Way back in 1996, my mom was hospitalized and lost most of her ability to move and to take care of herself.  Her voice was basically gone, yet when asked by my sister if she was mad at God, my mom mouthed "Oh no, how I could ever be mad at God, He's been so good to me!"  I will never forget that lesson from my mother.  I don't know if my mom knew this verse, but she clearly understood its meaning and she lived by it.  Thanks, Mom, for your example to me.  Thank you, Lord, for your unfailing love and goodness, ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment